Finally, I settled on sharing a few of my favorite quotes related to education. I've already done a Friday's Five where I shared my favorite Walt Disney quotes on education, so I'm leaving Walt off the list today, even though some of his quotes are fantastic. It's worth clicking the link above and checking them out.
- "Knowledge without character is a power for evil only, as seen in the instances of so many 'talented thieves' and 'gentleman rascals' in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Real education consists of drawing the best out of yourself. What better book can there be than the book of humanity?" - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Above all things I hope the education of the common people will be attended to; convinced that on their good sense we may rely with the most security for the preservation of a due degree of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
- "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle
- "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically... Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King Jr.
There are so many great education quotes out there; it was difficult to narrow the list down to five. What are some of your favorites? Please share with us in the comment section below, or on the Facebook page!
Image Credit: dimland